Friday 27 January 2012

REVIEW - Creatura by Nely Cab


Title: Creatura 
Author: Nely Cab
Series: Creatura #1
Release date: June 15th 2011
Genres: YA Paranormal Romance
Links: Goodreads / Amazon
Source: Bought ebook

Summary:
When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decides to confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity.

The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figment of her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his words to contest by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes.

It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten.

In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Isis Martin's journey is sure to leave any reader ravenous for more.


4/5

Wow! There are no other words to describe this book. It was just amazing. From the very beginning this book grabs a hold of you and won't let go,even after you have turned the final page. Everything - from the characters, the writing, the mythology, to the romance - was everything I could have wanted in a book. I loved everything about it. Especially a certain Mr Chios. 

Ah David. *sighs* If a man wrote me poetry as beautifully as he does I would let him invade my dreams any night. This man was just everything you could ask for. Handsome, kind, loyal, sincere, funny...I could go on but you get the picture. I have to admit there were one or two times when I wanted to smack the gentleman right out of him, but I'll forgive him. Although some of the things he does would be seen as corny by a lot of people, the romantic in me just couldn't get enough. I want a David all for my own. 

The story line was very interesting. I was intrigued as to find out what Isis was and how things were going to work out for her and David. I really liked Isis as a character. I thought she was very loyal and compassionate and always seemed to be thinking of others. The story really started to get going when Gabriel came on the scene. That boy was just plain creepy. Even though I now know why he did the things he did, he still creeps me out. 

Overall I would recommend this book to any die hard romantics (like myself). After that ending I cannot wait to see what the next installment has in store for Isis and David 


Teaser: 
Here is just one of the many poems that David wrote that had me weak at the knees. 

“My Lovely, 

Your guise is unparalleled, Your touch entices my thirst,Your presence thaws my soul, My torso threatens to burst. Awaiting your requited love, Forevermore I shall remain. Never exhausting of time, But enduring its tribunal pain. 

Ceaselessly Yours, 
David Chios” 



No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!