Wednesday 12 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#35)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming books we can't wait to read.



My WoW for this week is:


Antigoddess (Antigoddess #1) by Kendare Blake

Goodreads Summary:
Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.


My thoughts:
Oh god this is the book I have been waiting for. I love anything to do with Greek mythology and so this one is just the book for me. That blurb. Just. Woah. And could that cover be any more understated yet perfect? Give it to me now please!

Expected Release Date: September 10th 2013


What book are you waiting for?


Yvonne

7 comments :

  1. What a great pick!! love the cover and it definitely sounds like my kind of book!!

    Here’s My WoW
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long wait, you're settling for. :) But I can understand that very well. Great pick!

    Here's our WoW.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is on my wish list. I didn't know it had a cover now. I love it... Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has a very cool Mythology vibe to it. I want this one as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this one before, but it might be something I'm interesting in checking out. Thanks for featuring it.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover, it made me think angels, not greek gods, but still seems like it may be a cool twist on it.

    Great pick
    Here is mine
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading this book since I'm a fan of this author's writing, so great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!