Monday 8 April 2013

Review: Everyday // David Levithan

Review: Everyday // David Levithan 

"Everyday I am someone else. I am myself - I know I am myself - but I am also someone else. It has always been like this."

Each day, A wakes up in a different body of a different person's life. A has no warning or indication about who it will be or where they will live. 
A has made peace with life being this way, and even has adapted simple rules to help him get through each day.
Never get too attached, not to family, not to friends and most certainly not to the place. Avoid being noticed, don't act too out of the ordinary. Do not interfere with the persons lives. 

One day A wakes up in 16 year old Justin's body and meets Justin's girlfriend Rhiannon. And from that moment one all the rules by which A has been living his life go out the window. He has finally found someone he cares about, that he doesn't want to leave behind after just 24 hours, someone who could see him for who he really is and not for the shell he is inhabiting.

This is where the story really kicks in, A not content with just the one day he had with Rhiannon starts to interfere with the lives of others he is living in. Each day he must try see Rhiannon and try to convince her about who and more importantly what he is. 

The book is primarily based on A and Rhiannon's relationship, however the ending does leave it wide open for a second book. Many people don't seem to want a sequel but I for one would love to see a sequel as there seemed to be so many unanswered questions.
Why is A the way he is...?
What will he do to regain his life...?
Is he willing to jeopardise the life of someone else to get what he wants...?
What makes a person a person at the end of the day... Would we really notice if one of our family members or friends was A?

My first thoughts after finishing the book were scrambled and I didn't actually know if I liked it or not... But after much consideration I have decided I do in fact like it! It was well written and very well put together.. Levithans writing style (which I usually don't favour) suited the story perfectly and he managed to pull off something that could have so easily went wrong.


You can check out a video review I made about this book also by just clicking here
Lisa x 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!