Monday 13 May 2013

Review//The Summer I Became a Nerd



Straight off the bat I knew I would love this concept behind this book! Because who among us hasn't tried to hide our inner nerd at some point?!

Maddie is your typical high-school cheerleader with one secret.. She is a massive nerd! She geeks out to comics in the privacy of her bedroom and hides the evidence from her family and friends. 

This is of course until the summer before her senior year when she is forced to disguise herself and enter into The Phoenix, the local comic book store run where she meets Logan, a guy from her class who recognises her instantly! She is whisked into his world of comics, live-action role playing, video games and nerd conventions and she loves every minute of it!

In doing this and spending time with Logan she starts to neglect her best friend Terra and all her best friend duties, she breaks rules and gets in trouble with her parents and she begins to get caught up in the lies she has told! The more lies she tells the more she is at risk of loosing Logan and more importantly loosing who she really is.

The relationship between Maddie and Logan is possibly one of the cutest ones I have read is a LONG time! It didn't get boring or repetitive or make me want to gag at cheesy one liners it was just perfect nerd love! I found myself so invested in every direction the relationship took that I couldn't put this book down! Logan was the perfect nerdy guy that every girl wants to run into! 

The only complaint I have about this book is that it was WAY to short! I could have read twice this amount and still craved more! I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars instead of 5 simply for this fact that I wanted more!

It's a book that makes you fall helplessly in love with the characters and will bring out your inner nerd!

-Lisa 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!