Tuesday 4 June 2013

REVIEW - Bound to Me by Jeannette Medina

Title: Bound to Me
Author: Jeannette Medina
Publisher: Self-published
Published: May 27th 2013
Genre: NA Fantasy Romance
Link: Goodreads  / Amazon


Summary:
A girl with nothing else to lose.
A life that’s brought nothing but pain. 
A tattoo that’s more than what it seems.

Eighteen-year old Veronica has had enough. Her alcoholic mother has only delivered a slew of abusive step-fathers and life is only getting harder. What was to be a simple tattoo for her birthday brings more than she ever imagined.


Liam is a shape-shifting dragon. He lives on her shoulder, watching her, helping her. Having the dragon come to life and teaching her courage becomes a new lifeline for Veronica. But Liam will eventually become a permanent tattoo on her skin – never to take the shape of the protector she became attached to. 


Will she embrace her life or will a broken heart shatter her soul forever?




2.5/5

I was drawn to this book after reading the blurb. I thought the concept was unique and I was immediately intrigued. I also loved the cover. The book fell short for me though. There was great potential but there were a few things that made me give it only 2.5 stars. Firstly everything was far too rushed and this I felt was a result of the book being so short. There was no time for Ronnie and Liam to fully flesh out there relationship and so I felt like they fell for each other far too quickly. It was definitely a case of insta-love which I was disappointed with. I would have loved a slower progression of their relationship. I never really connected with either character. 

There was also numerous grammatical errors. There was a constant switching of tenses in the middle of sentences and several spelling errors.
This book has great potential and I can see this author bringing out some great books but I felt this book was far too rushed and not enough time put into it. The author should have spent more time fleshing out the characters and the story and definitely on the editing. A good attempt at a debut novel.



No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!