Tuesday 22 October 2013

Review: Switched by Cassie Mae

Title: Switched
Author: Cassie Mae
Publication Date: 2nd December 2013
Genre: New Adult



Goodreads Summary:

Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for. (This is wrong to me. I took it to be the opposite way around.)

Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all



My Review

5/5

I must admit that when I started reading the blurb for this I didn't think that I would like it as it seemed to involve meddling and that unrequited, desperate kind of love that I just have no patience for when people think they're in love but they're not, it's just a crush, a strong infatuation or something along those lines. I decided to give the book a try because it wasn't just one character in this boat but two. I thought this would make it better and I was right.

Wesley and Kayla's goofiness is adorable and funny all at the same time. I literally stayed up all night just to 
finish this book and am writing this review on the tale end of my all-nighter. I couldn't get enough of them. 

Cassie Mae has this unique way of inserting humour into what one would imagine is supposed to be a fairly serious situation.

I love a book that get's to the point without long, unnecessary descriptions but still tells you all you need to know and this definitely fell into that perfect category. There was no long, frustrating moments where I wanted to pull my hair out because the protagonists were crying for days while giving pages of contradictions and for that I am so grateful.

I mentioned before that the blurb implied elements of meddling but fortunately this brand of "meddling" did not vilify the characters in my eyes (which in situations like this is not easy to do, I'm very picky :P)

So overall I absolutely loved "Switched". I found it cute, funny, goofy and downright sigh-inducing. It's been a while since I've stayed up all night to read a book and this is the first book that has ever given me butterflies the whole way through and I look forward to reading other books by Cassie Mae.


~Tia

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you guys have to say so why not leave us a comment :) Thanks for stopping by!